UCP Thrift Store FAQ
1. What Can I Donate? Our Thrift Stores will accept donations of:
- Clean, gently used clothing
- Housewares, linens, small appliances, etc.
- Records & CDs
- Sporting Goods
- Gift items, collectibles, estate goods, etc.
- Toys and, MORE!
Please note that all donations are sold as they are; therefore, all donations must be clean and in good condition. If an item requires any sort of repair, we cannot accept it.
2. What Can I Not Donate?
UCP Thrift Stores CANNOT accept:
- Mattresses/Box springs
- Large Appliances
- Construction Materials
3. Can I Get A Tax Receipt For My Donations?
Yes, we offer a receipt for all of the donations you make that you can use for your tax records.
4. I Want To Donate Clothing, Toys Or Furniture. Do You Have Guidelines I Should Follow To Be Sure The Items I Bring In Are Acceptable?
Sure, here is a Check list of Clothing, Toys, & Furniture Donations Dos and Don'ts:
- DO test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it is still working
- DO include all manuals, if available
- DO include all pieces and/or parts
- DO donate items in clean, non-soiled condition
- DO bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt
- DO NOT donate broken or soiled items
- DO NOT leave items outside a collection box or center
- DO NOT donate items that do not meet current safety standards
- DO NOT donate items that have rips and/or tears
5. Do You Offer Pick-Up Services For My Donations?
Yes! While we will try our best to work with your schedule, pick up appointments are usually scheduled to take place within 2-4 days from the time of the initial contact. However, schedules may vary based on location, time of year and the number of trucks available in your area.
6. Do You Have Drop Off Donation Locations?
Donating clothing and household items is quick and convenient. Drive up and drop off 7 days a week during store hours at our four locations or at our many conveniently located bin around San Diego county. See here for complete list and directions to doncation locations where you may drop off your donations.